Solutions » Replacement
Discontinued Printer, no Service Contract or Consumables no longer Available?
Microplex offers Compatible Replacements for Discontinued and Unavailable Printers with Modern Printing Technology
Your printer has been discontinued and is no longer available? The service or maintenance contract is expiring? No more consumables available? Microplex printers offer here a functionally compatible plug-and-print replacement solution / alternative based on the latest printing technology.
You can continue your application 1:1 with the latest printing technology without having to change your application. In most cases, Microplex printers offer a higher print quality, a higher print speed and a better price/performance ratio compared to old printing systems.
Microplex printers with their multi-intelligence controller replace your line printers, matrix printers, thermal and laser printers, cut sheet printers and continuous feed printers.
Line Printer or Dot Matrix Replacement
With a Microplex continuous laser printer as an alternative to a line printer, you are also equipped for future requirements thanks to the firmware updates that are possible at any time. If, for example, a new barcode variant that is not known today should become established in the future, Microplex will, for example, upgrade its SOLID F40 via a firmware update and you will initially be able to print a new marking that does not yet exist today.
Microplex printing solutions, based on the Microplex Multi Intelligence Controller MPC, offer many advantages for seamless integration into existing line printer applications.
With a range of line printer emulations on board, such as IGP/VGL, Epson ESC/P, Ansi Genicom, CODE-V, MT-600, IBM Proprinter and IPDS, an existing line printer application is easily “plug-and-print” replaced.
Increasing Speed and Quality without Changing the Application
In order to achieve a somewhat better print quality with line printers, the print speed is reduced or the areas in which barcodes occur are printed twice. This often reduces the print rate considerably.
The Microplex continuous laser printers always print even complex, variable data containing many barcodes at maximum speed.
Line Printer Data on Cut Sheet Printers
For delivery bills printed on a line printer, take the data stream and send it to one of our cut sheet laser printers. The function then prints the data on DIN A5, DIN A4 or even DIN A3. The data and application software does not need to be changed. Using two different methodologies, carbonless paper (so-called NCR paper) can be easily replaced by using a cut sheet printer through automatic format adjustments. For more detailed information, please refer to our Line Printer Replacement application brochure.
Reduced Noise Level During Printing
Printing with a Microplex continuous laser printer or cut sheet laser printer is usually much quieter than with most impact printers.
Due to the constant printing speed, the noise level, e.g. of the SOLID F40, is also very constant.
Subjectively, this is perceived as much more pleasant than the constantly changing background noise of a line printer. This is easy on the nerves of users and is also beneficial in terms of employee health.
Save Money with a Microplex Printer
Considering a Microplex continuous forms laser printer can help to save money
- When printing high-quality barcodes, the cost per page of a laser printer is economically very interesting compared to line printers. The high print speed also means that fewer printers are needed for the same volume. This saves money and floor space.
- Using normal paper depending on our line printer emulations. Cheaper material cost without using impact paper (NCR paper), thanks to the Microplex multi-copy functionality.
Variuos Configuration Options and Firmware Adaptations
The Microplex printers with their Multi Intelligence Controller have a wide range of configuration options. The printers can thus be individually adapted to the planned application.
More than 40 Printer Languages (emulations) can be selected and configured. In addition to feedback via SNMP and Status-Out, electrical signals can also be used to control and monitor the printers.
If a Microplex printer does not meet the necessary requirements to fit into a particular application, or if there are any special requests, we are always able to customize our firmware to make the printer suitable for the application.
- Individual electrical signals (GPIO / PLC control)
- Monitor printer status and print status via SNMP & Status-Out
- User-friendly configuration & administration via web panel (website)
- Hardware adaptations of the printing systems
- Emulation adjustments to support the data streams
- Adjustments of the status messages (Status-Out)
Highlights & Feautures at a Glance
- Maximum speed with variable and complex data (i.e. 2D barcode)
- Reduced printing time compared to line printer
- High quality 600 dpi printing at maximum speed
- Quiet operation compared to line matrix technology
- Compatible with standard line printers
- Direct connection to various IBM® applications
- Cost effective and future proof with firmware updates
Various Other Documents